Collaborating in geospatial context since 2000!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yahoo Pipes Blog Mashup

I finally figured this Yahoo Pipes thing out! Apparently, it's been out for a little more than a year now and I have yet to learn about all that it can do. So, after some brief exploration on this Yahoo website I put together a quick mashup of all the geospatial blogs I have found to be interesting over the years. The interface is easy to use and pretty quick to publish the RSS feeds I found on The Map Room website. I think for a future version of this application, I am going to create a mashup that also plots these RSS feeds out to a Yahoo Map. I am not exactly sure how to go about doing this but I think Pipes allows you to geocode the text from each feed. We'll see!!!


Tune back in later to see if I can ever get this to work as an actual mapping widget.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home