Collaborating in geospatial context since 2000!

Thursday, October 09, 2008

First GeoPDF from GeoEye-1

If you've been on Planet Geospatial lately, you have probably noticed that GeoEye-1 is now releasing data.  I found a screen shot on Frank Taylor's Google Earth blog that I figured I could work with without getting arrested so I downloaded the JPEG to my desktop.  I dragged and dropped JPEG in to Acrobat and then used the TerraGo Composer to georeference the PDF.  Note that all my registration points were collected from Google Earth!

I collected 4 points and defined my map frame and voila...GeoPDF.  See the GeoPDF file below.

If you do view this PDF, be sure to check out the bookmarks that show off the areas of interest in this image.  Cheers

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home